ALS Life Sciences as part of the ALS Food & Pharma Group has an established reputation as a leading provider of analytical testing services for vitamins and additives. Offering a comprehensive range of accredited tests, customers receive fast and accurate analysis of their samples through the use of HPLC, Biacore (SPR) technology and microbiological assay techniques with robotic diluters where appropriate.
Including elements of nutritional chemistry testing, for example the tests offered to obtain group 1 and group 2 nutrition results, we also provide a number of vitamins, additives, contaminants and allergens tests.
Vitamins are analysed at all levels from premixes and supplements through to fortified and natural finished products.
Vitamins that are routinely tested for include:
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
- Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol)
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol Acetate)
- Vitamin K3 (Menadione)
- Beta Carotene
- Biotin (Vitamin H)
- Choline (Vitamin B4)
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
What can and can’t be added to our food is defined by the Miscellaneous Food Regulations 1995 and the Sweeteners in Food Regulations 1995. Along with imported goods, food is checked for a number of additives. We provide a range of tests to satisfy regulatory requirements.
Additives tested for include:
- Amino Acids
- Antioxidants (BHA, BHT, Ascorbic Acid)
- Illegal Colours (Sudan I to IV, Para Red, Orange II, Rhodamine)
- Mineral Supplements
- Preservatives (Benzoic and Sorbic Acids, Sulphur Dioxide)
- Synthetic Sweeteners (Aspartame, Saccharin, Acesuflame K)